Shakil Sheikh

Shakil Sheikh, A GIS & Remote Sensing Analyst and an Environmentalist who was responding as General Secretary of SWAJIU Executive Committee 2022-2023.



Shakil Sheikh General Secretary, SWAJIU (2022-23)
Shakil Sheikh
General Secretary, SWAJIU (2022-23)

Assalamualaikum, I'm Shakil Sheikh

I am working as a GIS and Data Analyst at Prudence College Dublin, where I specialize in spatial data analysis, remote sensing, and geospatial modeling. My work involves utilizing advanced tools such as ArcGIS, QGIS, and Google Earth Engine (using both JavaScript and Python APIs) to deliver comprehensive insights and solutions for complex environmental challenges. Additionally, my expertise in Python, R and SPSS enhances my ability to manage and analyze large datasets effectively.

As a Research Associate at Bangladesh Agricultural University, I engage in cutting-edge research focused on environmental sustainability, resource management, and ecological conservation. My responsibilities include designing, collecting, and analyzing data, and contributing to scholarly publications. My research aims to develop innovative strategies to address pressing environmental issues.

I am currently pursuing a Master of Science (MS) in Environmental Sciences at Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh-2240, Bangladesh. I hold a Bachelor of Science (Hon's) in Geography and Environment from Islamic University, Kushtia-7003, Bangladesh.

I've successfully completed a number of seminars and training courses to further my professional growth. I attended a workshop on Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing hosted by the Institute of Remote Sensing, Jahangirnagar University, in 2018 and completed the web course "Getting Information from a GIS Map" from Esri in 2021. Furthermore, I completed online courses "Fundamentals of GIS" and "GIS Data Formats, Design and Quality" offered by Coursera (University of California, Davis) in 2021.

Besides, I attended the Environmental Engineering Solutions and SIMS Bangladesh-organized training on "Environmental Pollution in Industries of Bangladesh and Their Sustainable Management System" in 2022. Also, I completed multiple trainings in 2023 to further my professional development. These included "Secret of Compliance" from ZMS Green Engineering Solution, "Introduction to GRI and Other Sustainability Reporting Standards" from MSCT - Management System Consultancy & Training, and two daylong training on "Implementation of EMS in Industrial Sectors" from the Bangladesh Poribeshbid Society.

I have demonstrated leadership and organizational skills throughout my academic and professional journey.  I have served as the General Secretary of the Students' Welfare Association of Jamalpur at Islamic University. I am also a founding member and Co-Founder of the Geographic and Environmental Society of Bangladesh (GECB) and a member of the Bangladesh Poribeshbid Society (BPS) since 2021. My organizational abilities are further evidenced by my roles as Convener of the ESG Cricket League (ECL) in 2019 and 2020, and as Co-Convener in 2021. I have also been actively involved as an executive member of several non-profit organizations, including the Lalon Shah Hall Debating Society, Alor Disha, Al-Awan, and Roktima. Additionally, I served as the Class Representative for the first batch of the ESG department at Islamic University.

My career ambition is to excel as both a GIS and Remote Sensing Analyst as well as an Environmentalist. I am committed to leveraging my extensive skills and knowledge to make significant contributions to the field of Environmental Science and promote sustainable development.


Experiences


GIS and Data Analyst (Remote)

Prudence College Dublin and PCD Online, Dublin 22, Ireland.

Research Associate

Bangladesh Agriculture University, Mymensingh-2240, Bangladesh.


Skills and Expertise

GIS and Remote Sensing
Data Analysis and Visualizations
Machine Learning
Environmental Monitoring


Tools and Software


ArcGIS Product

QGIS
GEE JavaScript API
GEE Python API
Programming Language Python
Programming Language R
SPSS
Microsoft Office


Certifications and Trainings


The Introduction of Drone Mapping: Data Collection and Processing.

Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing.
Fundamentals of GIS.
GIS Data Formats, Design and Quality.

Getting Information from a GIS Map.

Implementation of EMS in Industrial Sectors.

Environmental pollution in industries of Bangladesh and their sustainable management system.

Introduction to GRI and others Sustainability Reporting Standard.

Secret of Compliance.

Research Paper Writing.


Educational Qualifications


Pursuing M.Sc. in Environmental Science from Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh.
B. Sc. (Hon's) in Geography and Environment from Islamic University, Kushtia-7003, Bangladesh.
Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C.) in Science Group from Agriculture University College, Mymensingh.
Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.) in Science Group from Jamalpur Zilla School, Jamalpur.


Contact Information

Present Address:

Isha Khan Hall, BAU, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.

Contact No:

📞+880 1703 753 752

📞+880 015 7122 7141

Email: shakil.esg@gmail.com

Linked in: Shakil Sheikh

Website: Shakil Sheikh

GitHub: Shakil Sheikh

إرسال تعليق